The tablet is working out better and the lines are finally starting to not look so horrible. It helps that I adjusted a few settings to make things smoother, but Fire Alpaca is taking some getting used to. I have so many Photoshop commands memorized that I basically have them as muscle memories...and those shortcuts don’t actually work in Fire Alpaca, or worse, will do something really wacky I didn’t expect and have to find out what I did and how to fix it. But the first background is coming along.
It’s going to take a while to ink and color everything, but it’s still going to take a lot less time than doing comics, so it will be interesting to see how much I can get done in the next week.