This is a platform for User Generated Content. G/O Media assumes no liability for content posted by Kinja users to this platform.

Developer Journal Day Sixty-Five

Illustration for article titled Developer Journal Day Sixty-Fiveem/em

Achievement unlocked! The prologue is DONE. Well, it’s still missing music and sound effects, but for all intents and purposes it’s a playable, functional game with working branches and assets. For a while I wasn’t sure I was going to get it to work because one effect just did not want to work right. I wracked my brain for over an hour trying to get the timing right. I wanted two things to happen simultaneously, but it kept wanting to do them one at a time. Finally I came up with a solution. Code wise it’s ugly as hell, but as long as it does what I want it to when I want it to, I don’t care.


I had my bf do some initial alpha testing and now the rest of the first round tests are going to go out to my patrons.

Now it’s on to the first act, which hopefully won’t be so painful since I actually know what I’m largely doing now. I’ve got four new backgrounds, a dozen or so cut scenes, three more object assets, a couple new static sprites and the sprites for the last two romanceable characters. It’s still a ton of work, but it doesn’t feel quite so daunting now that I’ve gotten my feet in the water.

Share This Story

Get our newsletter